Check out the video of the Combat Zone 210 in action. The video is 30 seconds long but the combat zone shoots off 210 red and green flares in the last 15 seconds. It is VERY COOL!!!
If you want to add this awesome arsenal to your fireworks celebration you can find it at The Spirit of ’76 Wholesale Fireworks website.
I was asked by two co-workers today if I already started my Christmas shopping for this year. I told them that I was still getting over my last Christmas shopping season and that I haven’t given it a thought at all, until now. So, the question is, Should you start your 2007 Christmas shopping in June or wait until Thanksgiving or even the last minute like on Christmas Eve? Many articles on line suggest you shop early and avoid high prices or out of stock items. Why You Should Avoid Last Minute Christmas Shopping. But what about all of the great deals the Day After Thanksgiving, commonly referred to as Black Friday? If you start too early you miss some great deals and don’t have access to products that are not available yet. It may be very difficult if not impossible to return any gifts that you change your mind about if you purchase them too early. Then again if you wait too late, what you want may no longer be available or you may end up paying a higher price because you do not have the time to comparison shop.
When is the Best Time to Start Planning your Christmas Shopping?
You should start planning your Christmas Shopping List at the beginning of the year. Create a list of people that you will get gifts for. Identify their interests, hobbies, wants, and needs and set a goal for how much to spend for each person. Starting this list early gives you a chance to refine it throughout the year. As you shop throughout the year note the price of gifts and compare them at other stores. Resist the urge to buy any gifts early even if you think it will be the best deal of the year. As you get closer to Christmas you may find that the gift you bought early is not the right gift for that person anymore. Also, buying gifts early may waste the warranty that comes with the gift. You should also start a gift fund at the beginning of the year by saving a few bucks a week to put towards your gift purchases. You’ll be amazed at how much money you end up with by the Christmas Season. Keep updating your list and refining your notes all the way up until its time to actually start making those gift purchases.
When is the Best Time to Actually Start Buying Christmas Gifts?
I recommend at 90 days before Christmas (around September 25th) you should begin making your gift purchases. However, before making any purchases examine the store policies on returns and make sure you leave enough time from when you purchased the gift to a few days after Christmas in order to accommodate returns. Many stores have a 90 day return policy which is why I recommend starting no sooner than 90 days from Christmas. As mentioned above this will also leave more time on the warranty in case there is any defect with the gift. In addition to starting within 90 days of Christmas you should leave some of your budget for the great deals the Day After Thanksgiving. Get a head start on those deals by visiting Black Friday Ad sites such as http://www.bfads.net or http://www.blackfriday.info Many of these sites begin posting ads in October for the Black Friday specials. The other reason to wait for the 90 day mark is to allow companies to introduce new products in time for Christmas. You don’t want to regret purchasing something early because a newer version or better gift came out later. The last bit of advice I can give you is to wrap up your Christmas purchases no later than the second week in December, the 13th is a good deadline. No matter what, don’t wait until the last week before Christmas. You will be desperate and limited in what is available to purchase. So remember, start buying no earlier than 90 days before Christmas and finish no later than 12 days (December 13) before Christmas. If you follow my advice you can enjoy the 12 days leading up to Christmas knowing that all of your shopping is done and done right!
My Top Ten 2007 Christmas Holiday Gift Ideas (as of June 7th, 2007)
- Apple iPhone
- Apple TV
- Apple iPod
- Tivo or other Digital Video Recorder (DVR)
- SlingMedia’s SlingBox
- Sony PlayStation3
- Nintendo Wii
- Plasma TV
- Games: StarCraft 2
- Microsoft Surface Computer (if you have the money – see my post on this cool technology)
Other Christmas Shopping Articles for 2007:
What are your shopping strategies? Leave a comment and let me know what you think of my advice.
Enjoy this video while you celebrate Memorial Day this year.
Support Our Troops!
God Bless America!
God Bless the U.S.A. by Lee Greenwood
Everyone takes 4th of July Fireworks photos. Many even video tape the celebrations. Why not submit those videos or photos to try and win some serious cash. Here is a list of sites that are participating in Fireworks Contests this year 2007:
- TNTFireworks.com (Neptune Fireworks) with thousands of dollars to give away
- Photo Contest – Earn up to $500 for the Grand Prize
- Drawing Contest – Earn up to $500 for the Grand Prize
- Fireworks.com (Phantom Fireworks)
- Name the Fireworks Giveaway
- Fireworks Photograph Contest
- Shoot your favorite Fireworks Video Giveaway
- SkyKingFireworks.com (no contests right now, but keep checking)
How to Articles – Tips & Tricks to help you Win that Contest
Leave a link to your favorite fireworks photo in the comments.
If you know of any other contests going on this year, let me know in the comments and I will add them to the list.
I am ready for the 4th of July 2007 Fireworks Celebrations in South Florida. Are you? Check out my fireworks stash for this year:
At TNT-Neptune Fireworks Mega Store in Dania Beach, Florida you can get two for one deals on all fireworks before Memorial Day (expires Monday June 4th). You can also get FREE BONUS fireworks depending on how much you spend. The best advice I can give is to pool your money with friends, family, and neighbors so that you can get the best deal on Fireworks packages. The more you spend together the better the deals become. Both of my brothers, and a friend of ours, and my neighbor all pitched in to buy fireworks and between all of us we were able to spend over $1,000. Since we purchased these fireworks before Memorial Day everything was 2 for 1, and in addition we received about $700 worth of Free Bonus Fireworks. So that brings our total Fireworks Value to over $2,700. That is a lot of TNT!!! The picture above only shows a third of the $2,700 in fireworks we purchased. (That is my portion of the fireworks).
Where to get your Free Fireworks:
My Favorite Fireworks:
- Mortars (I love mortars): T-6, 6 break reloadable artillery shells; 42-Magnum, 8 single, 8 double, & 6 triple break reloadable shells
- Grand Finale: Noble Eagle, Mission Ignition, Pride of America
- One Shot Aerial Tubes (500g): Palm Tree with Silvery Tail – Most powerful palm tree break – Very Beautiful
- Day Time Items: Parachutes (My kids love these) – Great for Memorial Day; Normandy Paratroopers (37 shots of parachute with spinners and crackles!)
- Spinners (Wheels): We love to nail several spinners to a 2×4 and stick it in the ground; (Phantom Fireworks has a 13″ spinner that is also great!)
Here are some ideas to Create a Perfect Fireworks Show:
- SAFETY is always FIRST!!! Do not endanger yourself or anyone else. Make sure only one person is lighting fireworks at a time during the show!
- Create a shooting order for your show and keep the show going at a good pace
- Use two people designated as shooters and one person designated as prep
- Light your Fireworks to Music – This will make a “good” show GREAT!, and help keep the show moving at a good pace
- Use extra long wicks or even better – electronic fuses to help automate and synchronize the lighting of your fireworks. Sold at Phantom Fireworks (F5 Pyro Ignitor)
- Shoot off your fireworks from a sheet of fire treated plywood (prevents burn marks on your street or wherever you light them)
- Keep the audience a safe distance away and upwind if possible (no one wants smoke in their eyes)
- Keep your most extravagant firework for after the Grand Finale. Light it while everyone is cheering and not expecting it.
- FOOD IDEA: If you have a grill, throw some fresh ears of corn with husks (unopened) onto the grill at med-hot heat for about 15 to 30 minutes. Be careful, they will be very hot. Peel and add butter, salt, and pepper. The smell of the corn on the grill will attract all of your neighbors! I love doing this during the Fireworks Show.
For other firework tips and show ideas visit the TNTFireworks Show Page.
Have a Safe and Happy Independence Day!
What are some of your Home Fireworks Show ideas? What are your favorite fireworks? Share them in the comments below.